Feyen Zylstra Electrical Apprentice in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Feyen Zylstra is looking for a mid to senior level Electrical Apprentice for our Metro-Detroit location. This is a full-time position, reporting to a job Foreperson. This role is responsible for electrical installation, troubleshooting and maintenance within commercial and industrial settings under the guidance of a Journeyman Electrician.
• Installs electrical raceways and wire, lighting, controls, machinery, and electrical distribution equipment under the supervision of an experienced Journeymen Electrician.
• Actively works to acquire the skills and knowledge required to be a successful electrician via on the job training, mentoring and classroom work.
• Travels to regionally based customer locations to perform industrial and commercial work.
• Maintains compliance with all OSHA, Feyen Zylstra, and customer safety requirements and company policies
• Reading blueprints and schematics to ensure proper installation.
• Installs and bends conduit using manual, mechanical, and hydraulic benders.
• Performs wire and cable pulls.
• Assists with material handling duties on the jobsite.
• Using various hand tools, site tools and safety equipment as needed on the job site.
• Cleans and maintains tools, test equipment, and jobsite.
• Works collaboratively with internal and external partners.
• Completes work with a focus on safety, quality and a sense of urgency
• Participation in CPR, First Aid and OSHA 10 hour training.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• High school diploma or GED
• Prior electrical or apprenticeship experience preferred, not required
• Mechanical/technical aptitude and a passion for working with your hands
• Demonstrated focus on safety, quality and goal attainment
• Operates with honesty and integrity
• Self-driven, reliable and able to work independently even under pressure
• Curious with a desire to learn and grow
• Solid planning, organizing, time management, communication and problem solving skills
• Strong team work and collaboration with peers and leaders
• Ability to travel regionally to project sites, work overtime and in varied weather conditions required
• Ability to work at elevated heights, and to lift up to 50 lbs as needed
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
FZ is different. Unlike a typical electrical contractor, we are a knowledge-based electrical services firm that specializes in complex industrial, commercial, and institutional projects with unique electrical demands. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with offices in Detroit and Traverse City, Michigan, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina, Feyen Zylstra serves clients based throughout the country. For more information on FZ, please visit www.feyenzylstra.com.