Cosma International System and Hardware Quality Manager in Auburn Hills, Michigan
This position is for Magna Electronics, Auburn Hills, MI. Magna Electronics provides leading technologies from autonomous driving, to secure connectivity to vehicle electrification. With our competitive position and our culture of innovation, we are transforming mobility.
The System & Hardware Quality Manager (S&H; QM) is a key role within the Global Quality team. Reporting to the Global Quality Director this role is responsible for leading and managing a team of systems and hardware design experts, to ensure the highest standards of quality in our products design. Crucial to this role is to ensure adherence to the product development process, implementation of lessons learned, leading problem solving, identification of risk and risk mitigation.
- Manage all System and Hardware Quality department activities to execute and achieve corporate Quality goals including budgeting, staffing, and training of direct employees.
- Responsible for global project system and hardware quality, including oversight of systems and software supplier product on production programs.
- Direct interface with Magna customers to support Customer Management level quality meetings.
- Participate in Magna product gate review process and make recommendations to management team on pass/fail status of the gate review.
- Set the Magna quality expectations throughout the product development lifecycle and ensure the highest standards of delivery in alignment with Global Quality strategy and Project Management.
- Approval of project level system and hardware processes, standards and procedures (tailoring) in line with project engineering quality and global system and hardware quality requirements.
- Track and maintain data analysis of key metrics and performance data as it relates to the global quality strategy and results.
- Ensure Lessons Learned/Best Practice in respect of Quality are documented and reviewed during new product development.
- Support Engineering root cause analysis and corrective actions including verification of effectiveness for systemic issues.
- Support the quotation process to ensure proper Engineering Quality resources are budgeted for new projects.
- Execution of in-company-trainings and workshops for System and Hardware quality-related subjects.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illnesses as soon as possible following event.
- Complies with the requirements of Quality Operating System (QOS)
Knowledge and Education
- Technical degree in Systems or Electrical Engineering required.
- Experienced in Product Development 10+ years required
- Minimum of 5+ year's Process development experience working within the automotive industry
- Minimum of 5+ year's experienced in Product Development within the automotive electronics industry
- Minimum of 5+ year's experienced OEM Customer Management.
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics - Auburn Hills
City: Auburn Hills
Job Type: Regular