Dow Chemical Logistics Technician in Auburn, Michigan
Date Posted:Sat, 01 May 2021
Country:United States of America
City:Auburn (MI, USA)
Dow has exciting career opportunities within Auburn Manufacturing for Logistics Technicians in Auburn Michigan.
Auburn’s mission is Proudly Delivering High Quality Customized Solutions; Firmly Grounded in Safety, Profitability, and Collaboration. We are seeking highly motivated, dependable self-starters who are interested in working for a safe, well-established global company. The position will provide support for Dow's manufacturing operations through the packaging and distribution of Dow products.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Packaging products for our global customers• Interacting with chemical processes• Manually breaking-down pallets of material and products• Arranging, stacking, and repackaging all types of materials and products• Affixing labels, stickers or booklets on packaged materials• Safe operation of a fork lift or other heavy equipment• Key Competencies for success• Display behaviors that demonstrate ownership in the success for The Dow Chemical Company• Identify, prioritize and safely accomplish tasks while working independently to overcome daily obstacles• Passionate about safety, quality and process compliance at all times• Committed to continuous learning of technical skills and the desire to challenge personal growth• Team player that is a problem solver, and is willing to step up to help the team succeed in an empowered environment• Excellent attention to detail• Bias for efficiency in a manual operation
• Minimum starting pay is $16.00 and includes career progression based on performance.• Potential for overtime opportunities.• Eligible for an additional $0.50 per hour if assigned to a role that covers 24/7 rotating shifts.• Benefits (medical, dental, 401K, vacation / et al.) are available upon hire.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
• Able to work all applicable shifts on a rotating basis (including weekends & holidays) and work overtime when needed is required.• Able to demonstrate basic computer skills.• Successfully complete a background check.• Pass a drug screen if job offer is received and accepted.• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
• 2 + years of manufacturing experience is preferred.• 4 years of relevant Military experience is preferred.
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.• Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.• Uniform fire resistant and chemical protectant (FR/CP).• Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.• Stand or walk for extended periods of time.• Must have a current, valid US driver’s license• Lift 50 lbs of material.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
This role will have an assessment to complete during the application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to save your application for later.Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to.
A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visitwww.dow.comor follow@DowNewsroom (https://twitter.com/DowNewsroom) on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.
- Dow Chemical Jobs