Cosma International Die Cast Operator in Battle Creek, Michigan
This position is for Magna Cosma Casting MI a division of Magna International.
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
Positions involve the operation and set up of a die casting cell and all the related equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This person is also responsible for the quality of the product being produced within a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- All work will be performed with safety in mind for yourself, coworkers and equipment at all times
- To work within guidelines of the company rules and guidelines to comply with MIOSHA standards
- To maintain the equipment and work area in a clean and organized manner
- Operation of the die cast cell and peripheral equipment in an efficient manner
- Operator of this cell is responsible for the quality of the product that is produced at all times to meet our customer and Cosma expectations.
- Load furnaces as needed
- All quality checks must be completed actually and recorded at the time of inspection.To have clear and open communications with peers and supervision in an efficient and courteous way
- Perform routine PM’s to the equipment as assigned
- Process control of the cell must be maintained by the operators at all times
- Identifying and tagging of all product
- Documentation must be filled out in a legible and recorded at the time of completion
- Will assist in tooling and maintenance repairs as needed
- To have the ability to work weekends and over time as requested
- To meet or exceed production target
Knowledge and Education
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and previous die casting experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in both written and verbal forms.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds frequently during set up activity.
Skills and Competencies
- Prior experience operating die cast machines and operation experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Able to read, write and speak English without the aid of a translator
- Able and willing to stand throughout shift
- On-site attendance is essential function of this position
- Working with safety in mind at all times
- Past experience in SPC and quality systems is a plus
- Being familiar with basic hydraulic and pneumatics system is required or the ability to learn
- The ability to trouble shoot equipment or quality problems as they would pop up
- Basic mechanical skills and use of hand tools is required
- Ability to use basic measuring devices
- Basic PC knowledge would be helpful
- Need the ability to learn quickly
- Must be able to understand written instructions
Group: Cosma International
Division: Cosma Casting Michigan
City: Battle Creek
Job Type: Regular