Cosma International Engineering Student in Battle Creek, Michigan
This position is for Magna Cosma Casting MI a division of Magna International.
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
The Lean Intern will have support the development and execution of Lean concepts at the division.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support training of Lean concepts within the Division
- Support projects to complete department goals and initiatives
- Follow the principles of the Magna Employee Charter
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with all internal customers, plant leaders and team members; maintain positive employee relations; listen to issues and concerns and respond (C48) within 48 hours
- Support Lean Projects by working closely with the Lean Specialist through support of shop floor
- Work with employee suggestion program to provide support with timely feedback to employees and provide suggestions for improved implementation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Education
Education and Experience Required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred
- Some college or technical training is required
- Training in problem resolution such as 6 sigma, and/or lean tools a plus
Skills and Competencies
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a team player and promote a team approach to problem solving
- Highly organized and able to ensure multiple action plans are completed
- Must be capable or working under pressure, may be asked to work flexible hours in order to meet both internal and external customer requirements
- Must be able to understand written instructions
Group: Cosma International
Division: Cosma Casting Michigan
City: Battle Creek
Job Type: Internship