WestRock Field Service Technician, Battle Creek MI. in Battle Creek, Michigan
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Field Service Technician, Battle Creek MI.
4075 West Columbia Ave
Battle Creek, Michigan, 49037
A Field Service Technician will be responsible for installation, repair, and maintenance of Box on Demand equipment at customer sites. The Field Technician position will include travel which will vary considerably from week to week but can be expected to be 50-75% of the time; some phone support during on-call weekends. Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude with industrial type machines.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Our success depends on our Customers continued utilization of our equipment to meet their custom packaging needs. Customer satisfaction is a critical goal and we respond to inquiries in a timely manner and coordinate customer service needs with other departments as required.
- Install designated box making equipment at customer sites. Equipment is selected based on customer’s needs, expected volumes and mix by our application group.
- Handles problem recognition, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine customer problems, escalating, more complex issues to the Field Engineering team or department management. Issues could include Mechanical, Pneumatic, PC interface, PLC and Electrical or Controls.
- Train customers on how to utilize the equipment for efficient production. Multiple methods of entry are common to our machines and training is critical to the successful implementation of our equipment.
- Preventative Maintenance will be performed at the customer’s sites to maintain a high level of efficiency and performance. We also provide emergency repair if a customer needs immediate assistance where a Field Engineer would be dispatched in short notice.
· We provide 24 hour phone support to our customers. This position will be in the weekend rotation for on-call coverage to provide technical support to external customers and resolve issues regarding hardware and software. The applicant will need the ability to talk a customer through an issue and escalate to the next level when appropriate.
· We are a team of professionals dedicated to continuously improving our service to the customer. This includes installation, maintenance, customer training, internal training, as well as systemic improvements. We openly share our successes and failures so the team as a whole continues to improve.
- Complete service documentation as required by site visits or phone support. Logs and tracks all service order activity in our database, maintains history records and related problem documentation
- The Field Service Engineer is responsible for closing service calls at time of completion. This action then prompts customer invoices, relieves inventory of parts used and ultimately leads to our objective of accurate reporting.
- Drives a sense of urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly and with an emphasis on fixing the root cause
Excellent follow‐up skills to insure we exceed customer expectations, and close outstanding issues in a timely manner
Strong communication and listening skills
What you need to succeed:
- Strong electrical, controls, and mechanical aptitude with a proven track record of installation, training and maintenance success.
- History of trouble shooting industrial equipment/machines
- Sense of Urgency ‐Must be action oriented with the ability to prioritize daily activities and determine what requires immediate attention.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills ‐must be able to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers/peers and have strong communications skills both with internal associates and external customers. Must be a true professional at all times. Team orientated, positive attitude and motivator.
- Ability to adapt ‐must be flexible and understanding with change as it occurs regularly for a Field Service Technician throughout his/her day/week. Must be able to think quickly and respond positively to those changes.
- Able to travel 50 ‐75% of the time
Ability to lift 50 pounds
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in electrical, industrial, mechanical or military
- 3 + years of prior field service experience with machine installation is preferred
- Highly computer literate (especially in Excel, Word, and Networking)
- Strong deductive reasoning and problem‐solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Field Service Technician, Battle Creek MI.
- WestRock Jobs