Cosma International Maintenance Team Leader in Battle Creek, Michigan
This position is for Magna Cosma Casting MI a division of Magna International.
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
To provide maintenance support to all other departments to ensure customer schedules and projects are completed timely. Overall coordination of activities related to Facilities and Maintenance Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage facility activities and support all maintenance personnel.
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with all internal customers, plant management and team members;
- Maintain positive team member relations
- Follow the principles of the Magna Employee Charter
- Promote and practice “safety first” by immediately addressing any hazards, defective equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Support Maintenance team members on all three shifts in safe, quality-minded and productive manner with a sense of urgencyto attain production priorities as scheduled
- Maintain effective department communications through a prioritized work list, plant meetings, daily meetings, and weeklydepartment meetings
- Maintain and continuously improve department organization and housekeeping standards
- Determine, achieve and improve productivity, quality, environmental, health and safety goals
- Support new program launches
- Provide motivation and a results-oriented environment
- Review all major department projects from start to finish to insure proper techniques are being used
- Report on status of departmental projects as required
- Assure that preventative maintenance is identified, executed, documented and tracked.
- Interface with maintenance vendors and material suppliers to insure purchase of proper materials
- Utilize lessons-learned philosophy in continuous improvement activities
- Complete correspondence, forms and reports in Microsoft Office and other required programs
- Handle confidential information on a regular basis
- Encourage safety and housekeeping practices and lead by example
- Promote and facilitate Open Door Process without reprisal, effective communication and Fair Treatment
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities
- Adhere to customer requirements, Business Operating System and company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Education
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Must have a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent equipment diagnostic skills
- Associates Degree or 5 years of experience in the maintenance field preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfactions
- Able to work well with others; build and maintain positive team member relations
- Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members, suppliers and customers
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours as needed
- Able to use computer software as required
- Must be able to understand written instructions
Group: Cosma International
Division: Cosma Casting Michigan
City: Battle Creek
Job Type: Regular