Cosma International Material Analyst in Battle Creek, Michigan
This position is for Magna Cosma Casting MI a division of Magna International.
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
The Materials Analyst is responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory within the ERP system, as well as communicating with customers and suppliers regarding shipping/receiving discrepancies, planning raw materials and managing outside service providers.
- Manage supppliers and outside service providers
- Review and execute cycle count process
- Establish cycle count calendar
- Execute cycle count adjustments in the CMS system
- Work closely with production to prevent inventory discrepancies
- Provide root cause analysis for cycle adjustments and plans to reduce inventory losses
- Monitor inventory movements for proper transactions in CMS system
- Coordinate physical inventories complying with Magna requirements
- Present reports and analysis on inventories looking for ways to improve inventory levels in the division
- Monitor FIFO systems on the floor and in CMS
- Generate reports as required for the division regarding inventory management
- Audit production and scrap reports for accuracy and validating the entries into the ERP system
- Communicate as needed with suppliers and transportation companies to ensure on hand availability of parts and prevent down time
- Ensure continual material flow into all required locations
- Provide data to Materials team to promote lean inventory levels on all WIP and raw materials in accordance with defined safety stock levels
- Takes part in the continuous improvement process to improve productivity and quality (provides suggestions at team meetings, understands losses and gives ideas/solutions, participates in trials/experiments, volunteers on committee or focus group activities, etc.) and focuses on solutions.
- Attends training as scheduled.
- Complies with, and supports operational procedures/policies, Employee Handbook, and Magna’s Employee’s Charter, Corporate Constitution, and Operational Principles.
- Complies with relevant Quality and Environmental programs (e.g. TS16949, ISO14001).
- Complies with all Health and Safety programs in accordance with OSHA. Follows and ensures Company procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed.
Knowledge and Education
- Associates Degree in Supply Chain/Business or 3-5 years equivalent experience in automotive manufacturing
- Must have been in your current position a minimum of 90 day
- Cannot have any disciplinary action of written or higher in the past 90 days
- Cannot have a below expectation on performance review in the past 90 days
- General knowledge in inventory control, material planning and ERP systems
- Ability to understand, anticipate and follow direction while exercising maturity of judgement
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment and with a variable workload
- Ability to work flexible hours in a fast-paced environment in order to meet customer requirements
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to interact effectively with other team members
- Materials Planning experience preferred
- Inventory Analyst experience preferred
- Physical Inventory and Cycle Count experience preferred
Group: Cosma International
Division: Cosma Casting Michigan
City: Battle Creek
Job Type: Regular