Cosma International Material Handler in Battle Creek, Michigan
This position is for Magna Cosma Casting MI a division of Magna International.
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
The Material Handler is responsible for overseeing, coordinating and managing all material control related activities in his/her area. Production Supervisor/MaterialsSupervisorwill support the Material Handlers by providing guidance andtools they need in order to be safe and productive.
Knowledge and Education
Education, Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to understand and follow routine, oral and written instructions precisely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Applicable rules, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures; Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, communication (verbal & written) skills
- Mathematical Skills sufficient to balance counts, determine square footage, percentages, etc.
- Functioning in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project & Visio)
- Self-starter with the ability to formulate a project and see it through to its conclusion
- Decision making abilities to create a win, win, win situation in support of the three legged stool (Customer, Investor, People)
- Must be able to understand written instructions
Group: Cosma International
Division: Cosma Casting Michigan
City: Battle Creek
Job Type: Regular