Cosma International Quality Auditor in Battle Creek, Michigan
This position is for Magna Cosma Casting MI a division of Magna International.
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
The Quality Auditor is accountable and responsible to the Quality Department. The main task is supporting production through real time auditing of parts and production on the production floor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect, tag, complete the proper paper work and report any nonconformance’s found on production materials and parts.
- Ensure suspect parts are placed on MRB Hold.
- Verify gauges and fixtures in production work areas are calibrated and meet calibration requirements per CCMi standards and report non-conformance to Quality Supervisor
- Conduct two hour checks and inspections per control plan and report nonconformance’s immediately to the Quality and Production departments, follow Stop, Call, and Wait Procedure.
- Assist with any / all containment activities.
- Submit and approve 1stoffs, via plug gage, fixture gage, and CMM report
- Review MRB staging area and disposition parts into the cage that have proper tags, record information on MRB log
- Verify the cleanliness of all checking fixtures and report any needed repairs to Quality Management via work orders
- Maintain the safe work standards
- Perform Dock Audits, fill out the Dock Audit Check Sheet and notify Quality, Production and Logistics of any nonconformances
- Insure compliance to the Quality Management System in applicable areas of responsibility
- Make recommendations to supervisors/team leaders for retraining based on quality concerns from operators
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Education
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in automotive production
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in production reporting (scrap, rework, labeling, etc.) within computerized operating system
- Working knowledge of O.E.M. customer requirements & expectations
- Working knowledge of basic quality functions, inspection equipment and techniques
Skills and Competencies
- Solid understanding in automotive production
- Able to complete production reporting (scrap, rework, labeling, etc.)
- Acknowledge of O.E.M. customer requirements & expectations
- Able to work with gages, calipers and micrometers
- Able to organize, schedule, and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work flexible and additional hours
- Able to work at different locations within the plant
- Able up to lift 35 pounds
- Able to use a computer and software as required
- Have an understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
- Able to work well with others and maintain positive team member relations
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members, suppliers and customers
- Must be able to understand written instructions
Group: Cosma International
Division: Cosma Casting Michigan
City: Battle Creek
Job Type: Regular