Cosma International Quality Technician in Battle Creek, Michigan
This position is for Magna Cosma Casting MI a division of Magna International.
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
The Quality Technician is accountable and responsible to the Quality Department. The main task is supporting production through auditing and reporting on the ongoing level of product quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect, tag, complete the proper paper work and report to Q.A. any nonconformance’s found on received production materials and parts.
- Conduct First Off and Last Off press and assembly inspections, complete the associated paperwork and report nonconformance’s to the Quality and Production departments.
- Perform press and assembly audits on parts in process, including fixture, high light, and S.P.C. significant characteristics inspections. Fill out the proper paper work and report nonconformities to Quality and Production.
- Maintain the required audit records including Inspection Data Sheets, Part History Sheets and Receiving Inspection Sheets.
- Input required data into the Quality System audit records.
- Before production begins insure the proper fixtures are available at the end of the appropriate line.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all checking fixtures and report any needed repairs to Quality Management.
- Insure the large overhead end of the press line Part History charts are posted for the appropriate part for each run and are updated with all previous concerns.
- Train the end of line Team Members on quality standards, inspection techniques and requirements.
- Perform Layered Process Audits as required per the monthly audit schedule.
- Main the safety standards of the Q.A. equipment and work areas.
- Perform random Dock Audits, fill out the Dock Audit Check Sheet and notify Quality, Production and Logistics of any nonconformance’s and enter the completed data into the Quality System audit records.
- Insure compliance to the Quality Management System in applicable areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Education
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in automotive production sheet metal stamping quality functions, A Class surface experience preferred.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Previous experience in production reporting (scrap, rework, labeling, etc.) within computerized operating system
- Previous experience in stamping press problem solving in team based atmosphere
- Working knowledge of O.E.M. customer requirements & expectations
- Working knowledge of basic automotive stamping, forming, assembly & welding procedures related to quality.
- Working knowledge of basic quality functions, inspection equipment and techniques.
Skills and Competencies
- Solid understanding in automotive production sheet metal stamping quality functions, A Class surface experience preferred.
- Able to complete production reporting (scrap, rework, labeling, etc.) transactions within computerized operating systemAble to problem solve stamping press or assembly problems in team based atmosphere
- A knowledge of O.E.M. customer requirements & expectations
- A knowledge of basic automotive stamping, forming & welding procedures related to quality.
- Able to add, subtract, divide, and multiply whole numbers and fractions.
- Able to organize, schedule, and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to work flexible and additional hours.
- Able to work a three shift rotation.
- Able to work at different locations within the plant and outside at customers, suppliers and other Cosma plants, with possible overnight stays.
- Able to lift 35 pounds.Able to use a computer and software as required.
- A knowledge of APQP, PPAP and ISO/TS16949.
- Have an understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Able to work well with others and maintain positive team member relations.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members, suppliers and customers.
- Must be willing to attend planning and training meetings as required.
- Must be able to understand written instructions.
Group: Cosma International
Division: Cosma Casting Michigan
City: Battle Creek
Job Type: Regular