DENSO International America, Inc. Sub Leader Maintenance in Battle Creek, Michigan
Craft your career as a _second shift _Sub-Leader Maintenancein our world-class manufacturing facility in Battle Creek, MI! We are looking for experienced and team-oriented maintenance professionals with a passion for problem solving, commitment to safety and a desire to grow with us.
DENSO _is one of the largest global automotive suppliers of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. From automated driving to hybrid and electric vehicle components, we’re crafting the core technologies of modern mobility. We draw on the strengths of individual inventors, who are joining together to become an unstoppable force for global good. With our North American headquarters located in Michigan, DENSO _employs more than 23,000 people at 28 consolidated subsidiaries and 4 affiliates across the North American region. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions and employs more than 150,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2017, totaled U.S. $40.4 billion
- High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Electrician Journeyperson Card (or equivalent 5 years’ experience) OR Machine Repair Journeyperson Card (or equivalent 5 years’ experience) with the maintenance of production equipment is required.
- Must have an understanding of DENSO maintenance systems.
- Must have above average troubleshooting skills and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Must have good writing skills, capable of writing manuals.
- Must have or be willing to learn good documentation skills and time management skills.
- Must possess good people skills, including the ability to give and receive constructive feedback, praise and recognize the work of others, and effectively influence others for positive change.
- Will also be required to help Team Leader during absences, take work order calls and set priorities.
*Duties and Responsibilities *
Lead and direct associates in fast paced area
Maintain a high quality standard for the area
- Work overtime as needed
- Train and develop associates and temporaries and ensure that daily goals are met.
- Troubleshoot machinery
- Maintain good safety habits and working conditions within the area
- Maintain a high level of communication with Team Leader, team members and support groups,
- Ability to meet goals and objectives through continuous improvement activities including Kaizen improvements.
- Completion of daily paperwork including high bar analyses with use of IPC charts
- Proper 5S of area and daily process control audits.
- Exceptional hourly pay, plus overtime and shift premium.
- Benefits include: medical, dental, prescription, vision, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, paid time off, and more
- Employees and eligible dependents receive access to the _DENSO _Family Health Center, Pharmacy & Recreation Center
Primary Location: US-MI-Battle Creek
Work Locations: DMMI Battle Creek (20005-1) One Denso Road Battle Creek, 49037
Shift: 1st Shift
Req ID: 200000BU