DENSO International America, Inc. Team Leader| Warehouse, Logistics & Distribution in Belleville, Michigan
Provides direction across shifts to maintain warehouse operation and associate quality, safety and documentation. Provides countermeasures and analysis to improve warehouse efficiency and medium-term planning activities. Coordinate and negotiates with production to ensure effective problem solving and to mitigate production stoppage.
- Maintain associate records including time and attendance, overtime tracking, OJT training, performance evaluations, and discipline documentation.
- Ensure effective communication between shifts by reviewing pass-down logs and email correspondence and take corrective actions if gap exists.
- Maintain quality standards between shifts utilizing operational manual sheets (OMS) maintaining visual tools for order status, and initiating improvements of equipment or layouts.
- Support customer satisfaction initiatives by confirming root cause and countermeasures and initiate communication of results to related members.
- Enforce strong DNA principles by maintaining QA net creation, leading Rank-up activities, creation and maintenance of OMS procedures, monthly standardized work adjustments, and application of the DENSO job instruction (DJ-I) method.
- Ensure efficient warehouse operation by confirming warehouse material flow and workload balance, managing in process inventory levels, and monitoring visual delivery control and receiving control indicators.
- Support Kaizen circles across shifts and facilitate activity as necessary.
- Conduct communication meetings across shifts to share information and analyze all information gathered from associates or on the production floor to share with Leadership Chain members.
- Ensure safe warehouse operation by checking group leader safety checks and documentation.
- Ensure that primary information about safety incidents is shared with Leadership Chain and Safety & Health department and necessary training is scheduled.
- Support initial investigation for root cause of quality defects and conduct deeper investigation to implement countermeasures and lead yokonorami (transfer to other areas) efforts and abnormality reports.
- Participate, lead, and follow-up on specialized plant improvement activities and teams.
- Support new product trials by effectively preparing materials and schedules and performing and approving initial packaging sample inspection.
- Maintain monthly process performance by conducting gap analysis (3 point scan errors, operation, IHL, etc.) and completing corrective improvement planning and action, and ensuring control of CAP/Atarimae principles in area.
- Support annual planning process by preparing and submitting expense summaries.
- Assure that GL duties are completed in even of their absence.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of Group Leaders and full and timely completion of the performance review process including the review and participation of associate performance evaluations as created by Group Leaders.
Create and lead annual quality improvement plan activities and support data collection activities and other preparatory items.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Reading and writing ability to follow maintenance, manufacturing, warehouse, safety, and quality instructions and compile and record data.
- Visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines, and visually inspect machinery and components.
- Analysis and planning skills to identify warehouse deficiencies, develop solutions, and implement time sensitive changes.
- Willingness to wear required safety equipment and follow safety rules and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ years’ production or logistics experience or 2+ years management experience.
- Manual dexterity to operate warehouse machinery and handle material and goods properly.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for the duration of the required shift.
Primary Location: US-MI-Belleville
Work Locations: DIAM Belleville (20003-2) 8652 Haggerty Road, Suite 230 Detroit Logistics Michigan (DLMI)Van Buren Business Center Belleville, 48111
Shift: 1st Shift
Req ID: 200000J2