Aludyne Casting Operator in Benton Harbor, Michigan
This position will be MAINLY for 2nd and 3rd shift
General Responsibility -
The Casting Technician/Operator is responsible for managing the casting area in an effective, efficient manner in order to produce high quality parts.
• Operate molding machines in a safe manner at all times
• Monitor equipment in your area of responsibility for adverse conditions and advise supervision of these conditions of cycling the casting machine with minimal down time safely and efficiently
• Operate consistently gathering cooled/quenched castings and 100% visually inspecting them before passing them onto finish operations that are after the trim press on your deck.
• Promote and maintain high productivity levels within your area of responsibility
• Complete necessary record keeping in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintain effective communication with peers and supervisors
• Verify the process parameters in machine to human interface at the beginning of your shift.
• Grease the ejector pins properly at the beginning and the middle of your shift
• Apply the correct tools for the casting deck when needed
• Apply the thermo-coat, release coat, and hard coatings
• Visually inspect castings to the flow of work instructions
• Traceability of product
• Able to operate the saw machine operation
• Able to follow the housekeeping work instructions for the casting floor and work area.
• Required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon request of the supervisor
• Complies with the following OSHA Safety Standards: Hazard Communication; Bloodborne Pathogens; Lockout; Permit Required Confined Space; Hot Work Permit; Powered Industrial Trucks; P.P.E. and Ergonomics
• When necessary, participate in classes and training seminars to learn new technologies and techniques deemed helpful to performance on the job
• Maintain equipment
Works in seasonnaly fast paced environment under minimum supervision. Rountine responsibilites and duties involve the use of various procedures and the application of clearly prescribed standards of pratice, requiring the use of good judgment. Must work with high degree of accuracy.
Operate molding machines in safe manner at all times.
Monitor equipment in your area of responsibility for adverse conditions and advise supervision of these conditions.
Operate molding in your are of responsbility for adverse conditions and advise supervisior.
Follow work instructions and use appropriate PPE
Look for problem areas and take proper steps in troubleshoot; communicate with supervisor on problems.