Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Maintenance Technician in Bridgeport, Michigan
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Perform machine maintenance and basic facility repairs according to safety regulations and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment as required.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain the site's equipment.
- Perform mechanic work including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform annual and semi-annual preventive maintenance on all machines, equipment and plant facility.
- May perform basic plumbing or electrical maintenance functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- May perform basic carpentry functions.
- May be required to be available on an “On Call” basis to perform emergency equipment repairs.
- Perform major repairs on production equipment.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned by management.
- Senior Maintenance Technician will also coach, mentor & train the technicians.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance desired.
- Minimum 4 years of manufacturing experience.
- Strong electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and industrial skills with some plumbing and HVAC experience required.
- Vocational training or an equivalent number of years of education preferred.
- 5-10 years production equipment maintenance experience required.
- IT ( hardware) installation knowledge a plus.
- Controls and PLC knowledge a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals, work orders and written instructions to perform required maintenance and service.
- Must have an advanced understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic and electric schematics.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Requires regular standing, walking, sitting, stooping, crouching, crawling, kneeling and climbing.
- Close to highly concentrated visual work over 50% of the time.
- Requires average to above average audio sensory capabilities.
- Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
- Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
- Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing duties in an environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation, coercion or harassment, including sexual harassment
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, dirt, dust, disinfectants, solvents, cleaning chemicals, etc.
- Must be able to work extended hours (including weekends) as necessitated by production requirements. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Bridgeport MI