Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Manager, Operations, 3rd Shift in Bridgeport, Michigan
SUMMARY OF POSITIONThe Manager, Operations, leads a manufacturing area. He/she is responsible for executing manufacturing, customer satisfaction, productivity, and talent strategies aligned with our global standard.
The Manager, Operations reports to the Senior Manager, Operations.
No Shift ($0) (United States of America)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provides direction to employees directly engaged in shop-floor processes or operations. Ensures that the process/area maintains operations by managing employee performance and absences.
- Supervises work activities and resourcing for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
- Manages production budget to adhere to overtime, labor, and materials requirements.
- Utilizes knowledge of continuous improvement concepts to improve plant efficiency and productivity. Uses A3 process.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, worker performance, quality and delivery of product
- Reports department metrics daily on Gemba walk; prepares report for daily Gemba; participates in Gemba walks.
- Leads and develops team members following the One Orchid global talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best team. Ensure the growth of our positive business culture through behaviors that align with our core values and leadership competencies.
- Ensures team members have the required knowledge and skills prior to performing job duties independently, including conducting, documenting and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Supports quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
3+ Years of experience leading people (Required), 8+ Years of Experience in a Manufacturing Environment (Required), Cross functional experience (Required), Exposure to integrated business planning (Sales & Operations Planning process), quality system deployment, and lean manufacturing in an industrial setting (Preferred)
High School Or Equivalent, , Master - Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or Related Field, Bachelor - Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or Related Field
None - N/A
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Business Acumen (Working Experience), Change Leadership (Working Experience), Coaching (Working Experience), Collaboration (Working Experience), Communication (Working Experience), Decision Making and Critical Thinking (Working Experience), Influence (Working Experience), Managing Multiple Priorities (Working Experience), Manufacturing Process (Working Experience), Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience), Performance Management and Development (Working Experience), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Team Management and Team Building (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are all connected
- Results: We are all driven
- This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely moves about the facility to check-up on team members' progress and frequently operates a computer or other machinery as required.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule as required to meet the demands of the business.
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Position: Manager, Operations, 3rd Shift
Company: Orchid Orthopedic Solutions
Job Location(s): Bridgeport, MI
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: Open
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Warehousing and Factory Work, Management and Supervision, Healthcare - Administration/Billing