WestRock Production Superintendent in Brownstown Charter Township, Michigan
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Production Superintendent - Brownstown, MI
19661 Brownstown Center Dr., Ste 600
Brownstown Twp, Michigan, 48183
Opportunity summary: As Corrugator Superintendent, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating direct report supervisory personnel and manufacturing activities, utilizing your knowledge of product function, production methods, procedures and machine and equipment capabilities. As a Production Superintendent, you will provide leadership and direction to the manufacturing facility including overseeing plant production, materials, equipment and tools to ensure efficiency is maintained and projects remain on schedule as well as manage the day-to-day operations of the 1st shift corrugator crew with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery and cost.
How you will impact WestRock
· Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; ensure compliance with established WestRock policies and procedures
· Ensure compliance with OSHA and WestRock regulations and guidelines to uphold quality expectations of customer and company
· Partner with Plant Safety Manager to effectively communicate and enforce the safety program to the facility staff
· Identify training and development opportunities for facility’s Corrugator Supervisors and monitor progress against performance goals
· Manage workforce planning to ensure proper staffing levels to maintain productivity (i.e., order readiness, customer specs, speed trails, etc.)
· Drive continuous improvement initiatives and monitor all control procedures, recommending improvements to the Plant Manager as appropriate
· Ensure all WestRock standards and customer commitments (i.e., safety, waste reductions, R&A, output, and on-time delivery) are followed within the plant
· Develop strong relationships with key members of the organization to better understand the overall business and upstream/downstream connections to prevent possible delays in production and shipment and impact on customer satisfaction
· Maintain working relationship with the union by following the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
· Ability to effectively conduct meetings and training sessions.
What you need to succeed:
· High School diploma or G.E.D.
· Must have 5+ years of experience in the corrugated industry
· Knowledge of machinery and how to identify issues and troubleshoot equipment
· Ability to learn proprietary software programs for the Corrugated Manufacturing systems
· Inspire others to develop themselves and seek out continuous learning opportunities by serving as a role model and seeking out personal developmental opportunities
· Leverage manufacturing knowledge to achieve business objectives, such as to solve problems, develop new ideas, or build the business
· Demonstrate a general ability to use multiple methods for measuring employee performance
· Proven experience with lean and continuous improvement
· Knowledge of heat and required paper temperatures and the effect of heat/steam based on paper moisture content
· Knowledge of starch kitchens and principles. Gel point, viscosity and soak testing.
· Experience running and setting up orders with pre-printed liners.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Michigan-Brownstown Charter Township
- WestRock Jobs