DK Security Control Center Operator at SpartanNash HQ in Byron Center, Michigan
DK Security is Michigan’s fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients.
DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field as well as our support staff and and we cannot wait to have you join our team!
HIGHLIGHT:The Control Center Operator is posted at a client's corporate headquarters. Primary duties include documenting and following up to incident calls, alarm notifications, and reviewing/monitoring CCTV footage.
*LOCATION: *Byron Center, MI
TITLE:Corporate Control Center Operator
- Rate of Pay:$14.00/HR
- Benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, short term disability, and paid medical leave. Full-time employees are also eligible for medical benefits and paid time off.
3rd Shift (12am-8am)
Part-Time: 16-24+ hours/week
Full-Time: 40+ hours/week
Currently Have Both FULL and PART TIME Positions Available
SCOPE: *Control Center Operatorsare an integral part of DK's team! They are responsible for providing effective, 24 hour/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year, support to our client location and are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, students and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires, and natural disasters. In addition, the Control Center Operators are responsible for monitoring CCTV and the company wide alarm monitoring system, operating a multi-line switchboard, as well as providing outstanding customer service and work hand in hand with our client. *
- Must provide above excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Provide information and assistance to calling parties concerning emergency, security and general assistance needs.
- Follow procedures in dispatching personnel for emergency and non-emergency response.
- Accurately and quickly utilize computer-aided software.
- Serve as an information resource to DK employees and clients. Locate requested information through additional sources as needed.
- Monitor CCTV system using recording devices.
- Monitor, operate, test and data entry responsibility for a variety of computerized and electronic equipment used in access control, fire and security systems.
- Prepare reports, activity logs and files. Assist in the maintenance and distribution of reports, records and files.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be of good moral character, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must have impeccable grooming.
- Must possess above average customer service skills.
- Must have high school diploma or GED as well as some college experience.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of emergency procedures; ability to manage emergency situations while handling normal control center functions.
- Ability to multi-task multiple job duties while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize decisions based upon multiple criteria and identifiable standards of policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively interact with professional personnel at all levels within the corporation, outside agencies and general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as a minimum.
- Must possess excellent computer skills; specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have a flexible schedule and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
Position: Control Center Operator at SpartanNash HQ
Location: Byron Center, MI
Job Id: 7575- 072020
# of Openings: 3