Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Manager, Operations, 1st Shift, Orchid Chelsea in Chelsea, Michigan
SUMMARY OF POSITIONThe Manager, Operations, leads a manufacturing area. He/she is responsible for executing manufacturing, customer satisfaction, productivity, and talent strategies aligned with our global standard.
The Manager, Operations reports to the Senior Manager, Operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
With a foundation in cross-functional manufacturing experience and a strong technical orientation:
- Provides direction to employees directly engaged in shop-floor processes or operations. Ensures that the process/area maintains operations by managing employee performance and absences.
- Supervises work activities and resourcing for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
- Manages production budget to adhere to overtime, labor, and materials requirements.
- Utilizes knowledge of continuous improvement concepts to improve plant efficiency and productivity. Uses A3 process.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, worker performance, quality and delivery of product
- Reports department metrics daily on Gemba walk; prepares report for daily Gemba; participates in Gemba walks.
- Lead and develop team members following the One Orchid global talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best team. Ensure the growth of our positive business culture through behaviors that align with our core values and leadership competencies.
- Ensure team members have the required knowledge and skills prior to performing job duties independently, including conducting, documenting and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Support quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
5+ Years Supervising/Managing a Team (Required), 8+ Years of Experience in a Manufacturing Environment (Required), Cross-functional experience, Exposure to integrated business planning (Sales & Operations Planning process), quality system deployment, and lean manufacturing in an industrial setting
Bachelor: Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or Related Field (Required), Master: Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or Related Field
Project Management Professional (PMP) - Practice Management Institute (PMI), Supply Chain - Any
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Business Acumen (Working Experience), Communication (Working Experience), Influence (Working Experience), Performance Management (Extensive Experience), Problem Solving (Extensive Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are all connected
- Results: We are all driven
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Position: Manager, Operations, 1st Shift, Orchid Chelsea
Company: Orchid Orthopedic Solutions
Job Location(s): Chelsea, MI
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: Open
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Warehousing and Factory Work, Management and Supervision, Healthcare - Administration/Billing