Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Manufacturing General Labor - Parts Prep (2nd Shift) in Chelsea, Michigan
SUMMARY OF POSITIONDo you want a job where you know you make a difference?
At Orchid, you will help people live a longer, active life by making parts used in knee, hip, and shoulder surgeries. These parts allow people to play with their grandchildren, compete in sports, reduce their pain, and ultimately live their life to the fullest.
You do not need previous experience to do this job. You will learn how to inspect parts for defects, mask parts, and free-blast (sandblast/media blast) them so they are ready to be coated with protective material.
Orchid offers medical benefits, paid-time off, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and opportunities to grow in your career.
DET - Shift 2a (3:30P-2A) $.50 (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Visually inspects incoming product
- Masks parts by attaching tape to protect areas specified by customer requirements
- Free-blasts areas to be coated
- Removes tape, and re-tapes product for coating
- Following the coating operation, unmasks the product a final time
- Conducts a final inspection utilizing basic inspection gages such as calipers or micrometers and sends for further quality inspections.
- Completes all required documents used during processing and verifies accuracy of documentation.
- At all times, demonstrates proper handling of medical devices, equipment such as calipers, micrometers and other tools used, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Utilizes knowledge of Lean Manufacturing to improve plant efficiency and productivity; supports Lean Manufacturing and EH&S initiatives.
- Always adheres to all safety rules to ensure a safe workplace by wearing safety glasses in designated areas, using and storing tools (scalpels) properly, and reporting any unsafe condition(s) or practice(s) to management.
- Trains other team members as needed.
- Supports quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
No previous work experience required
High School Or Equivalent Required, , ,
None - ---
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Active Learning (Basic Knowledge), Blueprint Reading (Basic Knowledge), Communication (Basic Knowledge), Data Entry (Basic Knowledge), Hand Dexterity (Extensive Experience), Information Capture (Working Experience), Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience), Mathematical Ability (Basic Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools (Working Experience), Quality Management (Basic Knowledge), Standard Operating Procedures (Working Experience), Time management (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are all connected
- Results: We are all driven
- Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a number of elements occurs.
- Lifting of materials to 50# up to 33% of the time.
- Frequent and repetitive close handwork, and dealing with tight tolerances.
- Use of precision implements such as surgical scalpels, scissors, etc.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
- 90% hand-manipulation of objects and 10% paperwork.
- Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred.
- Requires ability to work in a fast-paced quality -oriented environment.
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Position: Manufacturing General Labor - Parts Prep (2nd Shift)
Company: Orchid Orthopedic Solutions
Job Location(s): Farmington Hills, MI; Chelsea, MI
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: High School or Equivalent
Required Experience: Open
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Production - General, Healthcare - Alternative/Natural