G-TECH Services, Inc. Operations Supervisor - JAF105 in Chelsea, Michigan
The Operations Supervisor will direct the driver workforce to meet the daily demands received from the plants and suppliers. The Operations Supervisor will communicate and handle issues that occur outside the normal scope of business, including delays and breakdowns. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Ensure all shipments generated at supply points are transported timely.
· Manage drivers and dispatchers.
· Oversee and direct 3-5 dispatchers, responsible for 1300 deliveries per day.
· Utilize multiple systems to maintain interruption-free service to all customer plants.
· Remain in constant contact with Assembly Plant personnel to ensure proper and timely material flow.
· Contact Medical if employees suffer injury.
· Contact incident Commander and Security of spills and other environmental issues.
· Publish Shift notes for Terminal with results and instructions for next shift
The Product Development Organization is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor who is responsible to lead the Salaried Bargaining Unit (SBU) workforces in the Emission Build Department at the Proving Grounds facility in Chelsea, MI. Requirements for the Shift Supervisor will present outstanding teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills. Moreover, this person must have unquestioned integrity. As part of our company's performance transformation, we're investing in quality improvements and creating a stronger centralized Product Development Organization. The current opening is for 1st shift, in addition the Basic Qualifications are as follows:
· Completed Bachelor's Degree.
· Minimum of 3 years Supervisory/Leadership experience in an automotive related field.
· MS and Google Suite proficiency.
· Excellent communication skills; both verbal & written.
· Candidates must be able to work 1st shift, but available for any shift and overtime as required.
· Proactively leading activities that improve the safety of our operation.
· Ensure test vehicles are worked on in a timely manner with a focus on quality of workmanship.
· Ensuring mechanics properly document all vehicle issues and potential customer concerns.
· Valid driver's license required, will be required to drive a company vehicle.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
· Advanced degree.
· Vehicle repair, or overall vehicle knowledge.
· Previous experience working in a union environment.
Req ID JN -112020-114864