MPS Group Environmental Technician FCA Jefferson North Plant in Detroit, Michigan
Please be advised that M*PS Group Inc.has a position open at the FCA Jefferson North Plant for an *E*nvironmental Technician*who will be responsible for handling solid and hazardous waste at the plant.
Typical Duties include but not limited to:
- Collect trash, recyclables, hazardous waste, scrap metal and other waste streams throughout the plant and transports to disposal container or storage room.
- Segregate, sort and package waste streams for off-site shipment in accordance with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements.
- Load semi-trailers and roll-off boxes for shipment to landfill, recycling center, and any other disposal s
- Perform and document daily equipment inspection prior to use.
- Clean/maintain organization and compliance of 90-day Accumulation Area, including sweeping the floor, mopping the floor, labeling drums.
- Assist supervisor with response to chemical spill incidents by placing adsorbents on liquids, sweeping or vacuuming solids and containerizing cleaned up materials for proper dispos
- Assist Resource Manager with daily supply delivery, waste pick up and waste organ
- Perform inspections of waste storage areas, and emergency equipment, taking corrective action to eliminate deficiencies identified during the inspe
- Inventory and Inspections of Waste Spill Kits.
- Document and inform Resource Manager of any contamination in plant’s recycling and waste containers.
- Maintain/complete necessary documentation of waste inventories, inspections and other activities as require
- Operate fork truck to load/unload trucks,
- Operate Burden carrie
- Follow all plant- related safety guidelines.
- Other tasks assigned by manager.
- High School Diploma AND one-year experience in waste management; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
- Current 40-hourHazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) with Annual Refresher (desired); willbeprovided upon
- Current Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA, desired); willbeprovided upon
- Current 40-hourDepartment of Transportation (DOT, desired); willbeprovided upon
- Current Fork Truck Operator Training (desired); willbeprovide upon
Apply online at www.mpsgrp.com/careers.html