Shermco Industries Lead Electrical Testing Field Technician in Detroit, Michigan
LEAD FIELD SERVICE ELECTRICAL TEST TECHNICIAN
Come join the largest independent electrical testing company in North America. We are seeking an Electrical Test Technicians Supervisor in the Detroit, MI area. Shermco Industries is accredited by NETA.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
Supervise Field Service Technicians, including:
- Develop technical skills of the group.
- Hire additional techs as needed.
- Schedule employees to keep them billable. Work with other offices as necessary.
- Mentor and motivate employees as necessary.
Field Service Technicians inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Instrument transformer tests
- Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Test both electro-mechanical and solid state relays
- Cable testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
- Prefer to have at least 8 or more years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- NETA or NICET Certification (Level II or better) or equivalent skills/experience a plus.
- Prefer OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training; training on each can be provided by Shermco.
- Must have good PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with PowerDB a plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check, and adhere to a Drug-Free workplace,
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays and night, including periodic overnight domestic travel.
- U.S. passport and TWIC card a plus.