SMG Maintenance Technician in Detroit, Michigan
The position of Parking Maintenance Tech reports to the Parking Lot Manager and/or Supervisor. This position is responsible maintaining the parking areas and equipment to ensure a clean and positive work environment. The ability to respond to guest concerns in a friendly and positive manner. Working knowledge of the equipment in order and ability to fix problems such as ticket jams or receipt tape jams, empty trash and operate the Sweeper and the Gator. Greets guests and ensure timely service. Make mathematical computations quickly and accurately and collect fees from customers. Lift position and remove barricades in order to open or close parking areas. Assist in setup of special event parking programs. Administer and maintain lease parking program. Ability to work all shifts.
Key Job Elements:
- Knowledge of basic accounting/recordkeeping procedures and practices.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision
- Ability to work as a team
- Experience with basic Revenue Control Equipment Maintenance
- Experience with basic facility repair maintenance
- Experience operating a street sweeper, or similar equipment
- Experience in Environmental Services
- Ability to multi-task, and work on multiple assignments daily
- Ability to work outdoors extreme weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Basic math skills to closeout nightly reports
- Gate Guarding
- A flexible schedule with ability to work additional shifts, as business dictates
- Experience with basic hand tools
- Keep parking areas clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the position.
- Exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Ability to be bonded
- Operate parking lot equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Additional duties and tasks as assigned.
- Education -- high school diploma or equivalent;
- Experience -- Two (2) plus years as Maintenance personnel or the equivalent as approve by management. Experience in the hospitality industry is a plus.
- Skills- Repair of facility equipment, Handling Power tools familiar with street sweepers and other outside equipment
- Knowledge -- of the methods, tools, materials and equipment used; applicable safety codes and regulations;
- Communication Skills -- good oral, written and listening skills; pays close attention to details;
- Customer Focus -- dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships while gaining their trust and respect;
- Organizational Skills -- uses resources and time effectively and efficiently;
- Problem Solving -- solves problems with effective solutions;
- Teamwork -- creates strong morale and spirit within the team; deals effectively and tactfully with departmental personnel and the public;
- Special Requirements, Licenses or Certifications -- valid Driver's License, power assisted equipment licensing required, customer service training a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled