SMG Production Services Worker in Detroit, Michigan
Under the direction of the shift supervisor, the Production Services Worker will assist with the set up and tear down of meeting rooms, exhibit halls, catered events, ballrooms and other spaces in and surrounding Cobo Center.
Key Job Elements:
- Moves and stages equipment and other Cobo Center assets for meetings, exhibitions, shows and catered events in and around Cobo Center.
- Upholds department and Cobo Center standards, procedures and policies.
- Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Operates forklifts, material handling carts, scissor lifts and boom lifts.
- Reads floorplans and blueprints and translates those into room layouts and setups.
- Assists newer employees with acclimation to the center and provides on the job demonstrations and coaching.
- Additional duties and tasks as assigned.
- Education -- high school diploma or equivalent;
- Experience -- one (1) + year experience as a facility worker at Cobo Center or the equivalent as approved by management. Experience in the hospitality industry is a plus;
- Skills -- blueprint reading, special recognition, material handling, power assisted material handling;
- Knowledge -- of the methods, tools, materials and equipment used; applicable safety codes and regulations;
- Communication Skills -- good oral, written and listening skills; pays close attention to details;
- Customer Focus -- dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships while gaining their trust and respect;
- Organizational Skills -- uses resources and time effectively and efficiently;
- Problem Solving -- solves problems with effective solutions;
- Teamwork -- creates strong morale and spirit within the team; deals effectively and tactfully with departmental personnel and the public;
- Special Requirements, Licenses or Certifications -- valid Driver's License, power assisted equipment licensing required, customer service training a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled