Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations Excellence Transformati in Detroit, Michigan
SUMMARY OF POSITIONThe Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations Excellence Transformation is responsible for managing Facilities & Maintenance, and a group of Engineers and Engineering Technicians who collectively are responsible for the correct, efficient, cost effective completion of all components of Process Design, Manufacturing Engineering, and Lean for the plant.
In addition, the Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations Excellence Transformation leads Orchid's operational excellence transformation to increase the productivity of the site. He/she is responsible for all aspects of this program at the site, including recommending productivity commitments through the 2024 period, implementing these program commitments, and building a team capable of delivering on commitments and program management milestones. He/she is also responsible for providing timely updates of site program progress to the Site Leadership team, Transformation Director, and Orchid Operations teams. The Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations Excellence Transformation will be a key decision-maker in budget and Value Creation Plan (VCP) productivity and investment decisions.
The Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations Excellence Transformation is a key member of the Local and Site Leadership teams.
No Shift - $0 (United States of America)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Leads Process Design and Manufacturing Engineering
- Coordinates and directs projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and direct the integration of technical activities
- Confers with management, production, sales staff and customers to discuss project specifications and procedures
- Must develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the organization
- Researches and recommends equipment or process changes for improving manufacturing of products
- Confers with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical support and information.
- May serve as point of contact for product information, inquiries and contracts
- Responsible for the control of customer, organization and supplier drawings and specifications.
- May make sales calls or visit customers as needed to resolve customer technical issues and assist in the selling of services
- Keeps management informed of developments in the marketplace and among competitors Identifies, develops and implements new products/capabilities that would enhance position in the marketplace
Develops the Site Transformation program.
- Validates analytical models that allow prioritization of value stream mapping.
- Establishes the resource requirements necessary to implement the site transformation program.
- Ensures key program implementation milestones are understood, communicated, and aligned.
- Commits to productivity targets for the 2020-2024 period based on deep analytical analysis.
Leads Culture Development and Talent Management Processes and Results
- Leads and develops team members following the One Orchid global talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best team. Ensures the growth of our positive business culture through behaviors that align with our core values and leadership competencies.
- Partners with site leadership to ensure that the engineering organization is staffed with "top talent" and Orchid's leaders of the future.
- Aligns with site functional leadership on employee performance working on engineering and site transformation. Transparently works with key leaders to ensure employees are fully contributing to achieving company vision, purpose, strategy and goals.
- Drives a performance culture by ensuring the right talent is in the right place at the right time to meet strategic and operational goals.
- Leads and ensures the Performance Management Process exists for all site transformation employees. Establishes and aligns goals and provides continuous feedback on results and Orchid values.
- Drives an improvement culture by focusing on "the process not the people" while demanding not only quick resolution but also root cause alignment and systematic corrective action implementation. Ensures this improvement culture is driven to the shop floor.
Achieves Improvement Goals and Supports Financial and Operating Plan Goals
- Aligns VCP and annual operating productivity and investment goals to value stream. Ensures "buy in" and commitment to these targets by all key stakeholders during key site operating, budget, and VCP reviews.
- Ensures processes are in place to deliver site annual and strategic objectives, including but not limited to OEE and VAPD performance, productivity, capacity planning, and capital investment.
- Implements a robust management operating system which quickly highlights necessary adjustment to the cross-functional team, providing confidence that site strategic and operational goals will be successfully implemented.
Develops and Maintains a Program Management Process
- Owns the site transformation productivity funnel. This funnel is the outcome of the site's value stream roadmaps.
- Works with Operations Analysts to ensure data is available, monitored, and reported with a consistent approach. Supports implementation of any management system at the site level.
- Provides proactive program updates to key stakeholders, including understanding of root cause of any actions requiring corrective action. Ensures that local site leadership program progress and report out are aligned with the One Orchid Site Transformation report out.
Supports implementation of One Orchid Process
- Ensures required training is delivered to the site team in support of site goals and objectives, and program management milestones.
- Supports definition of One Orchid processes as defined by the Director, Operations Excellence Transformation. Implements best practices as these practices are defined.
- Works with communication experts, HR leaders, Site Leaders, and General Managers to ensure goals and objectives of the site transformation program are simply communicated at their site.
- Participates in global communication or site leadership town halls as required to effectively deliver communication in support of objectives.
- Ensure team members have the required knowledge and skills prior to performing job duties independently, including conducting, documenting and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Aid in the development of Orchid wide lean tools and common language.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
10+ Years of Experience Leading Engineering Projects and/or a Production Organization (Required), 7+ years of successful experience leading a cross-functional organization and/or developing 2-discipline functional excellence., Demonstrated results in developing talent, organization strategies, and management systems in a high revenue growth environment. (Required), Experience implementing automation in a manufacturing environment (Required), Experience in organizational change management (Required), Experience with FDA and ISO systems relating to medical devices, Exposure to integrated business planning (Sales & Operations Planning process), quality system deployment, and lean manufacturing in an industrial setting
Bachelor - Engineering Required, , ,
Project Management Professional (PMP) - Practice Management Institute (PMI)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
21 CFR Part 820 Knowledge (Product Quality) (Working Experience), Automation Knowledge (Subject-Matter Expertise), Automation Planning (Extensive Experience), Blueprint Reading (Basic Knowledge), Business Acumen (Working Experience), Change Leadership (Extensive Experience), Collaboration (Extensive Experience), Communication (Extensive Experience), Computer-aided Design (CAD) (Working Experience), Data Analysis Tools (Subject-Matter Expertise), GD&T (Basic Knowledge), Influence, Manufacturing Regulatory Environment, Project Management (Extensive Experience), Team Management and Team Building (Extensive Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are all connected
- Results: We are all driven
Must be able to support multiple shifts and work long hours as necessary.
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Position: Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations Excellence Transformati
Company: Orchid Orthopedic Solutions
Job Location(s): Chelsea, MI; Detroit, MI
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: 7 to 20+ years
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Engineering - General