Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Team Leader II / Provider Operations & Innovation in Detroit, Michigan
Responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising assigned departments(s)/area(s) to ensure an efficient and cost effective area of responsibility in accordance with established corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervise and promote the professional development of assigned staff through selection, development, and exploration of more effective methods of managing projects and time.
- Research, (internally and externally), initiate, and plan strategic changes in assigned department(s)/area(s) to optimize technologies and personnel.
- Recommend and assist in acquisition of technology and other tools or equipment and resources to optimize departmental performance and output.
- Prioritize and assign work to employees and initiate corrective measures to resolve problems, including scheduling or adjusting overtime requirements as necessary.
- Interface with diverse levels of internal and external personnel to develop and maintain effective rapport and to resolve issues and inquiries.
- Administer and adhere to Corporate and departmental policies, practices and procedures.
Departmental Summary / Preferences:
Experience working with bargaining unit and non-bargaining unit employees.
Prior supervisory experience, preferably with operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
- A minimum of 90 college credits is required.
- Five (5) years of BCBSM/BCN and/or related field experience including at least two (2) years of experience
- in a leadership role.
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Working knowledge of PC application and/or mainframe systems preferred.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Primary Location: Southfield
Organization: Hosp Contr & Netwrk Admin-2123
Req ID: PRO000HE