Toyota Senior Technician – Vehicle CATIA Modeling in Detroit/Ann Arbor, Michigan
Title: Senior Technician – Vehicle CATIA Modeling Location: US-MI-Detroit/Ann Arbor-Saline Other Locations:
Who we’re looking for
Toyota’s Engineering Data Innovation Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Senior Technician / Vehicle CATIA modeler.
The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure the on-time release of 3D & 2D CAD for a specific part or assembly. This person will additionally ensure quality objectives are met for specific parts / assemblies, including training & mentoring corporate partners in CATIA modeling process for these parts or assemblies.
The person in this role will support the Engineering Data Innovation department's objective to delight our customers by focusing on high quality output, efficiency kaizen and leading technology innovation.
What you’ll be doing
Meeting with engineers to establish targets, review open issues, and develop strategy for completing necessary designs. Negotiation with related departments as necessary. Quality verification for specified parts / assemblies. Identification of best in class CATIA process development for assigned part / assembly (e.g. Hood, Bumper, Grille, Fender).
- Coordinate on time release of 3D & 2D CAD for specific vehicle part / assembly
- Ensure quality and cost objectives are met for assigned vehicle part / assembly
- Kaizen existing CATIA modeling process for efficiency
- Training and mentoring engineers and VWF in CATIA modeling process for part / assembly
- Promote development of Corporate partners with direction from Area Leader and Manager
- Support Area Leader with design skills training of Corporate Partners to meet expectations of specific vehicle area modeling team
What you bring
- Toyota Vehicle Development experience
- Automotive Design background
- Technical knowledge of Sheetmetal & Injection Molded Plastics
- CATIA V5
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to coach / mentor staff in CATIA modeling process
- Kaizen mindset
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flexible work options based on business needs
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10 different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.