Prestige Healthcare Maintenance Director in East China, Michigan
Supervises the maintenance department and is responsible for the sale and efficient function of physical plant and environmental systems and the appearance and upkeep of facility grounds.
- Graduation from an appropriate technical/trade school.
- Five years experience in building maintenance.
- One year of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Schedules repair and maintenance of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure efficient operations.
- Directs and participates in maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Develops preventive maintenance programs.
- Prepares department budget and monitors expenditure of funds in budget.
- Recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with design engineers.
- Directs the effort to have attractive and well maintained grounds.
- Participates in facility “Performance Improvement Program.”
Performs other tasks as assigned. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Knowledge of building codes and rules and regulation regarding the operation of plant equipment.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other safety requirements.
- Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.