United States Steel Management Associate - Maintenance in Ecorse, Michigan
9381BRMid-Level:GREAT LAKES WORKSWork Location:GREAT LAKES WORKSJob Description:The Management Associate program is our entry level program for college graduates to help accelerate their professional development. Management Associates are provided between 12-24 months of training across multiple functional areas with work assignments designed to assist in both personal and skill-set development. The role may include rotational assignment(s) within the department. This program is designed to strengthen leadership capabilities to prepare the college graduate for advanced roles within our operations or in a number of disciplines that support our operations.
U. S. Steel has an opening for a Management Associate – Electrical Maintenance at our Great Lakes Works facility. Training consists of classroom and \"hands on\" work experiences in areas such as Safety, Quality, Communication, Leadership, Teamwork, and Problem Solving. Specific process and equipment training will also be provided. Our facilities operate 24/7, 365 days a year. Position requires rotating work schedules, weekends and/or holidays work.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Apply engineering and/or business principles and problem solving techniques in a manufacturing environment to ensure maximum operating efficiency while handling the pressure of managing a production crew in a heavily unionized environment
• Supervise, direct, and coordinate the efforts of experienced technicians to keep the production operations running at maximum efficiency with minimum interruption; consult with other production and maintenance managers, plant engineers, staff professionals, and outside equipment manufacturers; and select, train, and supervise employees.
• Make design modifications to existing equipment to reduce maintenance improve reliability and improve product quality. Performing equipment failure analysis and making appropriate recommendations.
• Review proposed equipment replacement or upgrades, including capital projects with multi-million dollar budgets.
• Work with consultants and equipment vendors to ensure process requirements and applicable standards and codes are met.
• Engage in maintenance planning functions to minimize downtime; investigate process improvements and participate in facilities upgrades.
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field.
• Must have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university at the time of hire
• Must have less than three years of professional work experience
• Extensive computer skills with Microsoft Office products
• Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Prior internship a plusAuto req ID:9381BRCompany:United States Steel CorporationCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:Management Associate - Electrical Maintenance - Great Lakes WorksState/Province:US - MIWork Location - City:Ecorse Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Competency Summary:As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.Equal Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.