Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Tool Crib Technician (2nd Shift) in Farmington Hills, Michigan
SUMMARY OF POSITIONUnder direction, performs set-up of moderately complex jobs and operation of fixturing equipment, ensuring that all required processes are completed to machine-finished products to customer specifications in accordance with established policies and procedures.
DET - Shift 2a (4P-2:30A) $1.00 (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Print jobs and issue raw material
- Pull components, carbide rod and burs that are issued to jobs.
- Physically return steel back into inventory and M2M.
- Receive and transfer tooling
- Pull shipping supplies for the shipping room
- Receive and inspect raw material
- Check oil drums for levels and order more oil per Kanban cards and fill oil tanks as needed.
- Unload and load freight trucks.
- Box up material for heat treat.
- Ship material using GTS online.
- Cut and scrap bent bars, possibly non-conforming material.
- Check gongs for chips
- Scan in jobs for heat treat
- Operate fork lift
- Assist and train others as needed
- Reinforces safety expectations.Ensures safety operating practices are demonstrated.Reports issues/concerns to Supervisor.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Completes all required training.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
High School Or Equivalent Required, , ,
None - N/A
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Active Learning (Basic Knowledge), Blueprint Reading (Basic Knowledge), Communication (Basic Knowledge), Data Entry (Basic Knowledge), Hand Dexterity (Extensive Experience), Information Capture (Working Experience), Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience), Mathematical Ability (Basic Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools (Working Experience), Quality Management (Basic Knowledge), Standard Operating Procedures (Working Experience), Time management (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are all connected
- Results: We are all driven
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment and may involve exposure to noise, fumes, airborne particles, dirt, dust, disinfectants, solvents, and cleaning chemicals
- Lifting up to 50 lbs., 33% of the time
- Requires regular standing, walking, sitting, stooping, crouching, crawling, kneeling and climbing
- Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced quality-oriented environment
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Position: Tool Crib Technician (2nd Shift)
Company: Orchid Orthopedic Solutions
Job Location(s): Farmington Hills, MI
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: High School or Equivalent
Required Experience: Open
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Production - Metal/Plastic Workers