Lear Corporation Production Coach in Flint, Michigan
Production Coach- 2nd & 3rd Shift
NATURE OF WORK: Leading of manufacturing personnel and operation, assuring that quality, safety, productivity, schedule and delivery goals are met on a daily basis. Ensure production employees have the necessary training, tools and equipment to perform a quality job within allotted time periods.
Improve Quality performance through decreased scrap and defects
- Daily review and identification of top quality performance issues.
- Lead review with team leaders to develop solutions or preventative measures.
- Coordinate with Quality department to investigate, identify and implement corrective actions with the production team.
- Lead Teams and Team Leaders to continuously improve quality metrics and targets.
- Work with Team Leaders to drive efficiency by utilizing the production system and driving back issues to the team.
- Ensure that operators are following SWI’s and lead team to continuously find SWI improvements.
- Work with teams to improve station layouts, identify 8 waste opportunities, poke yokes, and implement 5s methodology into work areas.
- Lead Teams and Team Leaders to continuously improve production metrics and targets.
Drive High Performance Work Team culture through training, support, and empowerment
- Train all team members on Lean/Kaizen principles to help support a CI Culture and enable teams to identify and address “just do it” opportunities and resolve workplace issues independently.
- Drive teams to actively pursue Team Member roles and tasks outside of work station assembly.
- Support and lead team Kaizen activities.
- Manage and ensure effective cross-training levels at all times to 100% job rotations within teams.
Lead and develop Team Leaders to ensure High Performance Work Teams are effectively led
- Conduct or recommend continuous learning for Team Leaders.
- Conduct training sessions for plant staff and production team.
- Select and place Team Leaders within retention goals.
- Develop Team Leaders to be recognized as currently promotable successors to Coach roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability in maintaining positive employment relation
- Maintain a high level of integrity
- Excellent organizational and computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is desired but not necessarily required.
Tracking Code: 265425
Job Location: Flint, Michigan, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular