Builders FirstSource Manager Trainee in Gaylord, Michigan
Gaylord MI Lumber - 1054 Old US 27 N (49734), 1054 Old US 27 N, Gaylord, Michigan, United States of America ● Gaylord, MI 49735, USA ● Michigan, USAReq #19426
Monday, April 5, 2021
Gains knowledge and experience required for promotion to management or supervisory roles. Shadows employees and rotates through various departments observing, learning and performing responsibilities in order to gain industry knowledge, functional processes and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Shadows assigned employees/management to learn and perform assigned duties in order to become familiar with company processes and procedures.
• Receives training and performs duties in all operational areas such as: yard operations, millwork, production, dispatch/scheduling/delivery, safety, sales, finance and human resources.
• May participate in the development of operating budgets and capital expenditure recommendations in order to meet operational and financial goals.
• Participates in and completes assigned training programs.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field;
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• This job is considered entry level operations management where company training will be provided.
• Strong customer service skills both face-to-face and telephone
• Previous selling experience helpful
• Good mathematical aptitude
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills, including tact and influencing, with internal and external contacts
• Good computer aptitude, particularly with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and ERP applications
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed on both company and customer sites and involves driving to customer locations
• Subject to both typical office environment and outside locations with temperature and weather variations, and may involve walking on uneven ground of a potential customer construction site.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
• May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
• Noise level is usually moderate
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
Gaylord MI Lumber - 1054 Old US 27 N (49734), 1054 Old US 27 N, Gaylord, Michigan, United States of America
Gaylord, MI 49735, USA
- Builders FirstSource Jobs