Feyen Zylstra Installer/ Technician in Grand Rapids, Michigan
We’re growing as a company and growing our Technology Infrastructure (TI) team to support it! We are looking for a talented cabling technician/installer to join our team. This role will report to the Technology Infrastructure Operations Manager. The TI Installer will be responsible for performing installation and maintenance of cabling and audio video systems in Commercial/Industrial environments. This includes installation,termination and testing of low voltage/network cables and fiber optic cables as well as installation of pathway systems and audio video cabling. This position interacts with the Service Technicians, Branch Managers, Group Leaders, Foreman, customers, building owners and other trades.
• Work independently providing a variety of TI services to our broad customerbase
• Build out telecommunication and equipment rooms
• Mounting of electronic equipment (TV’s, projectors, wireless access points,speakers and cameras)
• Ability to analyze blueprints for job site knowledge
• Analyze upcoming tasks and anticipate next steps
• Enforce jobsite safety and maintain compliance with all company safety andsafety standards
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• 1-5 years in the communications industry
• BICSI certification preferred
• Knowledge of telecommunications, data, AV, network infrastructure cabling andcomponents required
• High mechanical aptitude – use of hand tools and test equipment
• Positive and customer focused attitude
• Maintain and reference industry standards including BICSI, ANSI, EIA/TIA, andlocal Low Voltage Code
• Solid work ethic, capable of working self-directed
• Ability to read and understand floor plans
• Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
About Feyen Zylstra
Feyen Zylstra is different. Unlike a typical electrical contractor, we are a knowledge-based electrical services firm that specializes in complex industrial, commercial, and institutional projects with unique electrical demands. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with offices in Detroit and Traverse City, Michigan, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina, Feyen Zylstra serves clients based throughout the country. For more information on Feyen Zylstra, please visit www.feyenzylstra.com.