California Closets Manufacturing Line Lead 2nd Shift in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Responsible and accountable for leading a production team within a specific line. Production of material to be moved from one position/location to another to expedite the product throughout the plant. Leading a Small Lot Flow value stream process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Day to Day Operations: (80%)
- On/off-loading of the product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours, daily. The "team concept" instituted for plant facility production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis. Therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions for the job.
- Proficiently operating machines and work area to maximize daily productivity expectations of boards being shipped
- Ensure work area, packaging area, and other equipment are kept clean and well maintained.
- Safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
- Understand and follow plan safety rules including safe lifting practices and safe machine operation. Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where required.
Identify and correct basic quality defects. Quality of work and producing error-free work is essential. Cell Lead Responsibilities: (20%)
Communicate with your supervisor quality and other employee personnel issues to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision and delegate work to employees
- Effectively cooperate with employees and lead by example
- Ability to work in all assigned areas of production; perform relief duties when required.
- Must have minimum of 1 year experience in wood manufacturing; Preferred experience in a leadership role
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills. Ability to motivate team through with a positive attitude
- Strong decision-making skills and abilities to take accountability
- Highly organized and able to multi-task effectively
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. Please note, you will be expected to work mandatory overtime hours based on business needs.
- Perform work as assigned supervisor in a timely manner.
- Read, understand, paperwork work and labels.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively know how to use a tape measure.
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Must be able to lift 50-75lbs
- Ability to stand the full 8-hour shift
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- All production employees are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.