California Closets Production Planning Specialist in Grand Rapids, Michigan
The Production Planner coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; inventory levels, and solving production problems.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for production scheduling and capacity planning.
- Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer expectation
- Analyze and prepare documents needed for production.
- Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
- Creates production schedule and prioritizes job-orders for production optimization.
- Maintains the production schedule and other reports as required.
- Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet
- production schedule and customer expectation.
- Complete status reports for production progress, work in process, and raw material inventory.
- Interacts with shop floor management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing
- efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service and
- May be asked to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency.
- Prepare daily and long-term production schedule utilizing MRP and sales forecasts.
- Develops, publishes and maintains Master Production Schedule for multiple facilities.
- Provide accurate and timely communication of production shortages or delays which could impact customer score card.
- Attend production meeting to evaluate production schedule, backlogs, material shortages, labor requirements, etc.
- Work closely with purchasing ensuring all materials are ordered and available to support the production schedule through written and verbal communication.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Set the example by actively contributing to department and company goals.
- Take initiative and seek additional training or direction as needed.
- Build quality into work. Ensure processes are consistent with quality objectives. Be aware of
- current quality levels versus target levels.
- Develop and achieve departmental/company goals and controls. Make suggestions for
improvement in areas of cost reduction, processes, quality and productivity. Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree required; preferably Supply Chain, Operations Management or Business.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation or other relevant certification is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of production planning experience using advanced ERP/MRP (Epicor Preferred) system within a manufacturing environment.
- SIOP knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Must be highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational, analytical, leadership, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications. Strong Excel experience.
- Must have complete knowledge of production scheduling and shop operations.
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable proscribed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Proven ability to develop reports and analyze data to initiate problem solving; must be data driven in decision making process.
- Ability to adhere to our attendance policy; regular and acceptable punctuality and attendance is required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
Demonstrate personal time management skills. Working conditions
Work is performed in both an office and a manufacturing environment. Physical requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Light to moderate work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force infrequently, and/or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to infrequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity to read instructions, operate machines, and inspect parts produced.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand equipment manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to infrequently bend, twist, squat, kneel, and lift (both lateral and overhead).
- Ability to often reach with hand and arms and grasp.
- Ability to constantly talk and hear.
- Ability to constantly stand and sit.