Weyerhaeuser Raw Materials Representative in Grayling, Michigan
This position is a member of the OSB operation located in Grayling, MI and reports to the Raw Material Manager. This is a Full Time, Exempt position.
Position has responsibility to participate in the raw material procurement for the Grayling facility. The procurement area is on the Eastern side of Michigan's lower peninsula and will require the successful candidate to live in Roscommon, Ogemaw, Iosco, Clare, Gladwin, or Arenac county.
* Proactive safety practices to ensure personal, team and contractor safety compliance.
* Supply the mill with quality raw material, at or below planned costs, support targeted inventories, manage and promote positive supplier relationships.
* Manage supplier contracts (wood quality, sourcing, etc.) and provide direct technical assistance to landowners (i.e. timber cruising/appraisals and marking).
* Locate and mark property lines in compliance with legal description and applicable agency requirements.
* Assist suppliers and private landowners with stumpage procurement.
* Interface with landowners, contractors, and mill personnel to ensure accurate and continuous supply.
* Assist in procurement planning and strategy development.
* Assist Forestry Services Manager and Forestry Services Admin to ensure timely and accurate payments to suppliers and landowners.
* Ensure compliance with state and federal statutes, environmental requirements, SFI, and land stewardship.
* Negotiate, prepare, and administer timber sale contracts. * Communicate and interface with landowners, contractors, government agencies, and community representatives; represent Company in public forums. * Ensure individual activities align with Company business ethics and Raw Materials team processes and business objectives.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Forestry or Associate degree in Forestry with four years of practical experience.
- Strong team, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Technical and business writing ability and public speaking experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability and desire to work in a self-directed team environment.
- Strong computer skills and field experience in raw material procurement activities from private landowners to government agencies for a mill is preferred.
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Raw Materials Representative
Requisition ID: 01016080
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs