Aerotek Production Team - START ASAP - BONUSES in Hazel Park, Michigan
Automotive Production Worker
We are looking for employees to join our Production team. They will be working on the tire/wheel assembly for the Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wagoneer for FCA. They will be rotating throughout the below job duties to ensure everyone becomes familiar with every step of the assembly process:
- Unloading tires from the semi to the assembly conveyor line (consistently bending, twisting, squatting and lifting of 50 lbs repetitively)
- Working on the rotating wheel line unloading pallets of wheels, roughly 15 - 20 per hour.
- Inspecting the wheels for defects when they come off the initial conveyor line
- Working the TPM install stations assembling the nut/washer onto the wheel
- Quality inspection for defects after the nuts/bolts have been added
- Working the torque gun station (a wired torque gun above them) to tighten all nuts/bolts that were previously assembled
- Working the balancer and marking the inner part of the tire with the weight
- Assisting with the 2nd torque gun station to apply soapy water to the tires
- Quality checks for leaks in tires after the water station.
- Applying a film to the wheel to protect from dirt and dust on the rotors of the wheel.
- Final inspection of full tire assembly (pictures provided with instructions).
Each day/shift starts with a Production meeting on the facility floor with the Production Supervisor/Manager which includes:
- Team stretching
- Information regarding specifics of that shift/product changes
- Directions are given to each employee on their starting station
Monday - Friday
2nd Shift: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Candidates will train on 1st shift (7:00am - 3:30pm) for the first 2 - 3 weeks.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs