WestRock Finishing Manager in Holland, Michigan
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Finishing Manager - Holland, MI
13 West Fourth St
Holland, Michigan, 49423
GENERAL PURPOSE : Ensure the timely production of products with quality that meets or exceeds customer expectations. Proactively manages departmental metrics that impact cost (downtime, make-readies, run speed and waste). Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. Ultimately responsible for day-to-day management of assigned departments, through the management of supervisory staff, including achieving production goals, managing performance of direct reports, making sound operational decisions, solving problems, and managing conflict.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Analyzes work orders and work piece to determine process, materials / substrates, machines, and sequence of operation.
- Assigns tasks to workers and specifies methods of coordinating workflow to meet production schedules.
- Assures carton blanks have arrived and are available and staged in accordance with work flow schedule.
- Confers with scheduling daily to determine work load and production performance expectation.
- Inspects finished pieces visually and using precision measuring devices.
- Works with Quality Control to monitor output. Takes part in assessing / grading each project for standard deviations and imperfections.
- Ensures that any assigned CAR's are completed in a satisfactory manner within 72 hours of receiving the defective sample for review.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Ensures compliance to all company policies and procedures.
- Actively engages and participates in company LEAN manufacturing training and audits.
- Communicates and relates with all levels of the organization.
- Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance plan for department equipment.
- Investigates malfunction of machines and equipment; determines need for repair and maintenance.
- Ensures employees are following safety regulations.
Keeps abreast of new products and developments within the department.
Ensures staffing is appropriate to meet workload requirements and productivity standards.
- Manages performance by setting goals and consistently holding employees accountable for meeting performance standards through coaching, counseling and timely review process.
Meets with all Supervisors at least once per week and department at least once per month to ensure issues are being addressed properly.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.; Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of folding carton converting experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
Must have demonstrated ability to do the jobs he/she is supervising or to quickly gain a working knowledge of those jobs.
Must have the ability to foster team work and motivate individual performers.
Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
Must have knowledge of, or be able to learn quickly, safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
Must be efficient in basic computer skills.
- Must have effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Must be able to work well in a team environment and independently.
Must have the ability to foster team work and motivate individual performance.
Must have the ability to champion and lead change within the department and facility wide.
Must identify with and support company leadership and decisions.
Must have the ability to network with peers and associates to build collaborative relationships.
Must have a passion for the business and personal dedication focused on accomplishing organizational goals.
- Must have strong technical knowledge of converting and finishing operations and good mechanical aptitude.
- Must have the ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or scheduled form.
- Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and deal with variables in an environment where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
#MI Westrock Company is an equal opportunity employer committed tocreating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- WestRock Jobs