Victory Packaging Offset Press Operator in Holland, Michigan
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
· Demonstrates general knowledge and understanding of sheet fed presses and printing processes.
· Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
· Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
· Operates and maintains the press feeder, including throwing stock and loading the feeder as required.
· Maintains ink levels during press run.
· Participates in all phases of press wash up.
· Operates the press in a backup capacity.
· Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
· Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintains production throughout the run.
· Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
· Accurately follows instructions.
· Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms.
· Keeps work area neat and clean.
· Trains workers to set up, operate and use machines.
· Performs daily/monthly maintenance and troubleshooting.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
Must have 2-4 years of related experience running, troubleshooting and performing quality control on a press of similar size and complexity.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
Must have basic computer skills to perform data entry.
Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Must have the ability to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
Must pass color vision test.
Must pass color hue test.
Must be able to maintain good attendance.
Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
Must be able to read a ruler.
Must be accurate and efficient.
Must be able to operate independently.
Must demonstrate good decision making and time management.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Westrock Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Victory Packaging Jobs