Cosma International Process Improvement Manager in Holland, Michigan
Develops, implements, and manages lean manufacturing processes. Facilitates continuous improvement throughout manufacturing worksites. Assists locations in focusing on reducing manufacturing and burden costs. Assesses and eliminates waste and non-value added activities.
Contributor of various disciplines who works as a change agent for operational excellence. Responsible to manage risk, set direction and lead the way to breakthrough improvement. Assist the operation in making paradigm shifts through continuous improvement activities. Responsible to encourage and stimulate management/employee thinking by posing new ways of doing things, challenge conventional wisdom by demonstrating successful application of new methodologies, seek out and pilot new tools, create innovative thinking.
- Works with management to identify and establish plant layout criteria with an emphasis on overall process and quality improvement.
- Develops and manages cross-functional teams to meet project objectives. Monitors productivity of groups and individuals, recommends changes where desirable. Provides leadership and support to team.
- Leads long-term projects aimed at waste elimination/production efficiencies and establishment of Lean Manufacturing areas in conjunction with manufacturing sites. Subject matter may include plant floor layout, material-handling routes, service parts, and key future launches.
- Facilitates continuous improvement project teams to continuously improve processes and give support to areas within the organization. Based upon management requests, leads employees through workshops designed to improve work processes to reduce cycle time, inventory, labor hours, scrap, etc.
- Creates and/or facilitates process design changes by integrating new systems and/or processes with existing ones. Provides guidance to Grp Leaders/ Engineers and other project staff as needed to develop a team-based organization focused on project goals and objectives.
- Identify problems in a process, establish and manage projects within the process, evaluate the process and develop potential solutions to improve the process. Applies principles of statistical process control when appropriate. Identifies opportunities for common mistake proofing.
- Develop performance measurement tracking mechanism to support project objectives. Review management reports to ensure projects achieve stated goals and support business objectives.
Skills and Competencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Successfully implemented Plant layout and Process Flow initiatives
- Strong communication and team leadership skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings.
- Proven success in material flow and control plans
- Project management skills to lead a team to complete a project.
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 7 years experience is required.
- Specific degree requirements will vary based on area supported.
Group: Magna Closures & Mirrors
Division: Holland Mirrors
Job Type: Regular
Recruiter: Jake Sweedyk