Benson Industries, Inc. Fabricator/Assembler in Holly, Michigan
Fabricate, position, align, fit and install structural metal and sheet metal parts as well as install equipment, walls, roofs and equipment in the manufacture of large HVAC air handling and mechanical equipment.
- Assist with positioning, aligning, fitting, and welding parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Assist with verifying conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.
- Assist with layout and examination of metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Assist with alignment and fitting of parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
- Assist with locating and marking work piece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
- Assist with positioning or tightening braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, or bolt straps, or bolt parts in position for welding or riveting.
- Assist with moving parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Hammer, chip, and grind work pieces to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
- Smooth work piece edges.
- Assist with design and construction of templates and fixtures, using hand tools.
- Straighten warped or bent parts, using sledges, hand torches, or hand tools.
- Assist with marking reference points onto floors or face blocks and transpose them to work pieces, using measuring devices, squares, chalk, and soapstone.
- Remove high spots and cut bevels, using hand files, portable grinders, and cutting torches.
- Weld to build up low spots or short pieces.
- Assist with Lifting or moving materials and finished products, using large cranes.
- Assist with installing boilers, containers, fans, blowers, coils, cooling towers, interior walls, exterior walls, roofs and other equipment.
- Erect ladders and scaffolding to fit together large assemblies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned. Required Experience
One to two years related experience required
Tracking Code: 1165-253
Job Location: Holly, Michigan, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular