Aludyne CMM Quality Technician in Howell, Michigan
General Summary: Provide layout information from CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machines) and hand gauges, for new machine start- ups, capability studies and any other causes for measurement analysis. Read and understand blueprints and basic GD&T. Interpret data to assist in part adjustments. Support manufacturing operations in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
· Daily checks of all production machining on CMM and any additional Gauges Required
· Read blueprints and correlate dimensions to CMM reports
· Review reports with the cell leaders and set up team
· Inform cell leader and set up team which direction to move features on part to achieve
nominal specification on part print
· Conduct capability studies on CMM and with hand gauges
· Print Capability reports
· Perform 100% dimensional Layouts to part prints
· Conduct Gage R&R studies
· Perform Gage calibrations
· Manually operate CMM to measure features on parts
· Use Manual gauges and surface plates to verify any questionable CMM checks
Perform other related duties as assigned by Quality Manager and Management team.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Knowledge of Basic blueprint reading and basic GD&T
· Interpersonal skills
· Strong written and oral communications.
· Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms
· Frequently lift and/or move heavy parts
· Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision