Stryker Assembly Technician I in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Under general supervision, assembles components that may include sub-assemblies, manual components and electrical components and all other related components in order to contribute to completion of a variety of products. Adheres to safety, quality and quantity standards and follows directions and blueprints to meet product specifications.
HS Diploma or G.E.D. required
Qualifications & Experience
Required: Basic math and writing skills.
Preferred: Some assembly experience desired. Audit Readiness for various regulations
• Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/ or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Must wear required PPE and adhere to all safety requirements
• Must be able to hear and respond to safety alarms, pages and directives
• Performs repetitive to frequent tasks using standard procedures, tools, and equipment.
• The ability to work with and assemble small objects and component parts.
• Uses a variety of tools that may include, but are not limited to: manual and power hand tools, pneumatic tools, test equipment, presses, and measuring and cutting devices.
• Must have very good visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
• Requires coordination of hands and/or eye/hand/foot.
• Job demands include prolonged standing, walking, moving from one work site to another, ability to function in narrow aisles and passageways
• Job demands include occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, sitting
• Must be able to follow detailed instructions.
• Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
• Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies.
• Must be able to communicate simple deficiencies/defects.
Minimal quality errors. Has a good understanding and knowledge of the procedures to which you work. Work meets expectations in both accuracy and completeness. Work area meets expectations of neatness and safety.
• Demonstrates the ability to rectify problems encountered, highlights the issue immediately, and seeks assistance from the relevant support staff.
• Effective grasp of job duties.
• May work from engineering drawings and/or follow documented assembly instructions.
• Will be required to comply with documentation procedures.
• Demonstrate acceptable dependability.
• Maintain orderly, compliant workstation.
• On-time completion of all required training.
• Understands and follows Handbook rules and code of conduct
• understands and uses material flow processes acurately
Response adequate in regards to most new situations. Average instruction required.
Willing and able to train and work on various work centers within the unit. Works well within a team environment.
Output consistently meets productivity and/or service level goals.
Helps other team members during downtime
Supportive member of the team and contributes in a manner appreciated by the support staff. Steady and reliable. Requires little direction and shows good planning to keep busy. Shows good initiative in seeking better ways.
Demonstrates a positive attitude and flexible, interacts well with colleagues, support team and other Business Units where required. Helpful and cooperative. Shows willingness to improve.
Actively engages with team members
Is professional and positive
Work From Home: Not available
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com
- Stryker Jobs