Pfizer Manager Plant Professional/Engineer in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Provides technical expertise and operational support for B41 Drug Product operations and specifically the new Modular Aseptic Processing facility. Partners with shop floor colleagues and supervision to ensure smooth and efficient production of a diverse mix of products. Assists in equipment troubleshooting activities as needed.
• Identifies and implements cost savings ideas, specifically efficiency improvements and other projects that increase equipment capacity.
• Develops and validates manufacturing processes for drug products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to production, from other sites, or within the site.
• Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables.
• Investigates deviations that occur on the manufacturing floor. Performs root-cause analysis and identifies appropriate, effective corrective actions. Implements corrective actions in conjunction with the appropriate enabling groups, i.e. engineering, maintenance, quality, validation, environmental health and safety.
• Leads technical improvement projects aimed at defect reduction, improved equipment reliability, and better equipment utilization.
• Serves as customer project manager on equipment purchases or improvements; interface closely with engineering to specify user requirements, review and approve drawings, define project scopes.
• Collaborates with and influences other enabling departments (Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, etc.) to assure initiatives are successful.
• Provides concise and thorough updates on initiatives to site leadership.
• Mentor senior level colleagues inside and outside of department.
Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in a technical field such as Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering with minimum 10 years experience or
Master's Degree in a technical field such as Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering with minimum 3 years' experience.
Pharmaceutical or manufacturing experience and strong, demonstrated technical skills exhibited in a cGMP environment are requirements. Specific knowledge of and experience with Drug Product processing and equipment is highly desirable.
Job will include standing, walking, and sitting. Occasional lifting may be required.
Aseptic gowning training may be required. Job may also require occasional weekend/evening work supporting a 24-hour/7 day operation.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Up to 25% domestic and/or international travel.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: October 22, 2018
Additional Location Information: Kalamazoo MI
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.