Cargill Seasonal Housekeeper - 2nd Shift (2pm-10pm) - Lake Odessa, MI in Lake Odessa, Michigan
This is a full-time position located in . Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position. Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance
Cargill Protein-Eggs is a leading marketer of high value, further-processed egg products. With four processing facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, and Michigan, Cargill Protein customers include premier quick-service restaurant chains as well as food manufacturers. We are dedicated to providing our customers with innovative and distinctive solutions, including refrigerated and frozen liquid eggs, egg patties, omelets, French Toast, and diced and hard cook eggs.
• 80% Accountable for the cleanliness of the facility and restocking of supplies. Must be able to work independently and manage to complete all tasks among the housekeeping team.
• 10% Maintain adherence to all Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Procedures through monthly participation in the behavior based safety program and completion of the monthly safety and food safety training material.
• 10% This position shall have the responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified person(s). This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions. Acquire and maintain knowledge of HACCP/OPRP/PRP (GMP) policies and requirements to complete all monitoring and/or verifications tasks as outlined in the Food Safety Management.
All job duties and schedule may be revised by the supervisor when necessary to accommodate business needs. The descriptions are general guidelines of expectations but may not include all responsibilities of the position.
• Ability to perform basic math such as Addition, Subtraction, Division, and Multiplication.
• Ability to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
• Ability to work in a repetitive and fast paced environment
• Ability to rotate through a variety of tasks
• Availability to work outside of normal shift up to including weekend and off shift hours as needed.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to meet the required work schedule
• Ability to lift and carry at least 60 lbs repetitively for frequent extended periods
• Ability to work in varying environments
• Previous food manufacturing and/or production experience
• Track record of safe work history in the past 12 months
• Basic technical abilities to effectively troubleshoot manufacturing and packaging equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs