Victory Packaging 1st Shift Folder Gluer Operator in Lansing, Michigan
The Lansing Facility is seeking a Folder Gluer Operator who will set up and maintain the folder/gluer to produce pharmaceutical cartons, sleeves, and folders.
How you will impact WestRock
· Locates and loads proper stock in preparation for operation.
· Prepares make-ready feeder, prefold, glue system, final fold, delivery, stacker, pack station and inspection system.
· Operates folder/gluer in accordance with customer specification and current standard operating procedures.
· Ensures total quality of the job while in operation.
· Maintains the machine and area in accordance with the standard operation procedures.
· Demonstrates competency in all basic folds: straight-line, lock-bottom, inner partition, and 5th panels.
· Assists press operators as needed at delivery end of press.
· Assists the small machine operators in the rewind area.
· Operates the folders in the insert area.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
· Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must have ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
· Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Must have ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Must have ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
· Must pass basic reading test.
· Must be capable of good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
· Must pass color vision test and color hue tests.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
- Victory Packaging Jobs