Victory Packaging 3rd Shift Folder Gluer Operator in Lansing, Michigan
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
3rd Shift Folder Gluer Operator - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing facility is seeking a Folder Gluer Operator II who will set up, operate, maintain, and train on the folder/gluer to produce pharmaceutical cartons, sleeves and folders.
How you will impact WestRock
- Locates and loads proper stock in preparation for operation.
- Prepares make-ready feeder,prefold, glue system, final fold, delivery, stakcer and pack station and inspection system.
- Operates folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
- Ensures total quality of the job while in operation.
- Maintains the machine and area in accordance with the standard operation procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in all basic and advanced folds; straight-line, lock-bottom, inner partition, and 5th panels.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of the Valco inspection system.
- Demonstrates competency in all paperwork.
- Demonstrates competency in all security label application, checkpoint, and sensomatic on folder/gluer respectively.
- Demonstrates competency with Pafra system.
- Assists press operators as needed at delivery end of the press.
- Assists the small machine operators in the rewind area.
- Assists the operation of folders in the insert area.
- Performs all duties as assigned. What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D. and minimum of one year experience as a Folder/Gluer Operator Level I.
- Must have shown competency in producing conforming product over past six months.
- Must demonstrate competency with all folds respectively on folder I or demonstrate competency with all folds and security respectively on Folder III ( tag application on both II and III).
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have the ability to meet and/ or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be capable of good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. What we offer Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellenceComprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunitiesAn attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potentialA career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
- #CB #GD
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
3rd Shift Folder Gluer Operator
- Victory Packaging Jobs