Cosma International 3rd shift Maintenance Technician in Lansing, Michigan
Magna Exteriors, an operating group of Magna International Inc., is a full-service global supplier of automotive exterior systems. We design, engineer and manufacture bumper fascia systems; exterior trim; modular systems; class A body panels; structural components; and under hood and underbody components for automotive, commercial truck, consumer, and industrial markets.
This position is for DexSys, a division of Magna Exteriors, located in Lansing, Michigan. DexSys manufactures plastic injected, molded bumpers to the automotive industry.
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of DexSys listed below, but are not limited to:
- Exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of DexSys employees as described in the employee handbook.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of DexSys to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Maintain proper ergonomics at all times when performing assigned tasks.
- To meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards of DexSys.
- To perform daily cross-functional job assignments in all areas of your assigned department per the established procedures and work guidance.
- Participate and support all lean, continuous improvement programs, initiatives and activities.
- Maintain records of work performed as required using CMMS and PMC Systems and work order procedure.
- Troubleshoot, repair or replace all components of DexSys equipment. This includes, but is not limited to all electrical equipment, hydraulics, mechanical, piping, pumps, and pneumatics in the Molding, Paint, and Assembly Department.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on all equipment by repairing and replacing parts as necessary.
- Use required hand tools to perform repairs, predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Read parts breakdown and machine schematics.
- Fabricate equipment as required.
Knowledge and Education
- Associate’s Degree required. Six years work related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Journeyman’s card preferred.
- Working knowledge of Industrial electrical, injection molding, PLC programming and robotic experience preferred.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Manufacturing environment
- Tobacco and Nicotine free facility. We have a wellness initiative that requires all our employees to be tobacco and nicotine free (on and off premise). You must be willing to comply with this requirement.
- Manufacturing environment
- May perform work while standing or walking a minimum of eight (8) hours a day, the ability to lift up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis
Group: Magna Exteriors
Division: DexSys (Delta Exterior Systems)
Job Type: Regular