Victory Packaging 3rd Shift Prepress Technician in Lansing, Michigan
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
3rd Shift Prepress Technician - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
We're growing and searching for someone with graphics design background who can recognize, adapt, and implement changes in printing workflow. If you can trouble shoot, posses strong knowledge of graphics design, prepress software and an understanding of printing processes then we're interested in talking with you!
How you will impact WestRock
- Prepare electronic files for proof out or print
- Satisfies client pre-print demands through client interaction.
- Finds ways to improve cost in the pre-press as well as develop solutions.
- Trains and shares software developments based on department and company needs.
- Analyzes potential problems with workflow.
- Follows through with jobs to press to guarantee the best results.
- Tests software pertaining to the workflow of packaging.
- Carries out job production on MAC to plate.
- Proofs jobs in final approval stage for content, distortion, and traps.
- Handles multiple jobs in various production stages.
- Produces key jobs based on complexity and print runs.
- Analyzes customer files for fonts, images, integrity, and printability.
- Generates pre-flight lasers and color proofs to check separations before film.
- Traps files and applies necessary pullbacks and changes to flexo presses.
- Re-touches images for better platability.
- Follows work instructions and control plans.
- Adheres to quality control procedures.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Posses a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Associate’s degree from accredited two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Five years’ experience in graphic arts/printing industry is preferred
- Knowledge of prepress software applications including Quark, Illustrator, Photoshop, trapping, Macintosh, file management, network utilizations and workflow and maintenance/troubleshooting.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all major software applications including high end trapping program.
- Detailed oriented.
- Willing to continuously improve.
- Able to interact effectively with others and a good team player.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Proficient in using prepress operating platform.
- Able to learn new technology, including new/updated software and hardware.
- Intermediate computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.)
- Basic office equipment and communication skills including copy and fax machines, telephone communication, and record keeping.
- Ability to establish, maintain and retrieve permanent files.
- Able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test.
- Able to pass color vision and color hue test.
- Able to maintain good attendance.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
*We are hiring for third shift currently*
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence. Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities. An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential .A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
3rd Shift Prepress Technician
- Victory Packaging Jobs